Car Care Guidelines
In the first 90 days...Do not wax or polish the vehicle - this will allow the finish to harden completely. Do not use wax or polishes which contain silicone.
In the first 30 days:
- Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or wheels could mar the finish and damage the surface. Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution. Be sure to use a soft cloth or soft sponge. Wash it in the shade.
- Do not "dry wipe" the vehicle - always use clean water. Dry wiping could scratch.
- Do not drive on gravel roads to avoid chipping the finish prior to final hardening.
- Do not park under trees as sap could drop on the paint.
- Do not park near factories with industrial fallout.
- Remove any bird droppings immediately as they have high acid content which will do damage to a painted surface.
- Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, windshield solvent, or other chemicals as they can cause damage to the paint surface.
- Do not scrape ice or snow from the surface. Your ice scrapper will act as a paint scraper.
- Acoid extreme heat or cold wherever possible and keep the vehicle garaged or shaded.