Auto Repair & Services
- 24-Hour Towing
- AAA Roadside Assistance
- A/C Repair
- Air Filters
- Auto Detailing
- Body Work
- Brake Repair
- Collision Repair
- Commercial Roadside Assistance
- Cooling System
- Custom Wheels
- Driveline Repair
- Emissions Testing
- Fleet Service
- Front End
- Fuel System Service
- General Repair
- Hail Damage Repair
- National Accounts
- Oil Changes
- Rental Cars
- Residential Roadside Assistance
- Shuttle Service
- Smog Check
- Suspension Repair
- State Inspection
- Tire Balancing
- Tire Installation
- Tire Repair
- Tire Rotation
- TPMS Service
- Transmission Repair
- Tune Up
- Vehicle Inspection
- Wheel Refinishing
- Window Tinting
- Wiper Blades
Belts and Hoses in Hazelwood, MO
Complete Auto Body and Truck Repair offer belt and hose service for St. Louis, O'Fallon, Hazelwood, and Dellwood, MO.
Most of us won’t think about our vehicle’s belts or hoses until they break or rupture. Unfortunately, by that time it’s too late. Among all the equipment under the hood, the belts and hoses have the shortest lifespan. They are constantly exposed to heat, vibration, moisture and other harmful chemicals. These components will often crack, fray or leak due to this exposure. If not addressed promptly, this could spell disaster for your vehicle’s performance. Evaluating their true condition can not be done solely with a visual inspection. The entire belt is never fully visible and large cracks can hide behind other components like pulleys or pumps.
Radiator hoses deteriorate from the inside-out making their condition a guessing game with only a visual inspection. We recommend a diligent inspection, and we can do this for you.
Here is a sample of how we ensure belt and hose quality:
Belt Inspection –
- Search for clear indications of damage. This includes; cracking, glazing, chipping, softening or peeling.
- Test for proper tension
- Check for proper alignment
- Listen for noises such as dragging, screeching or squealing
Record conditions for future reference.
Belts drive some of your vehicle’s vital components. Instead of being supplied by electric power, this equipment relies on a series of belts and pulleys to operate
Hose Inspection –
- Search for clear indications of damage. This includes; leaks, cracks, cuts, hardening or softening. Hoses will often “crunch or crackle” when squeezed. If this occurs, the hoses, which contain nylon reinforcements inside, are breaking down internally and need to be replaced.
- Pressure test– Duplicates operating pressure and allows technicians to better evaluate hose condition by exposing deformities or bulges. This also will expose any leaks that might not otherwise be present when the car is off.
- Coolant test- Testing the coolant’s condition will not only determine how well it will cool the engine, it will allow us to determine if the coolant will freeze in cold weather which can cause a weak hose to rupture.
- Record hose condition for future reference.
The majority of people change their oil on a regular basis, but most of them neglect the condition of the belts and hoses. The result of a broken belt or ruptured hose can cause more trouble than an overdue oil change ever will. If you think of your vehicle’s belts and hoses as its circulatory system, then you’ll have an appropriate representation of their importance.
Here is a brief description of the belts we will inspect;
- Alternator belt
- Power steering belt
- Air conditioning belt
- Cooling fan belt
- Water pump belt
- Serpentine belt
Some vehicles have multiple belts while others have a single (Serpentine) belt.
Here is a brief description of the hoses we will inspect:
- Upper and lower radiator hoses
- Power steering hoses (Pressure and return)
- Heater hoses (To heater core)
- Air Conditioning Hoses (High pressure and return hoses)
- Bypass Hoses
Call Complete Auto Body and Truck Repair to schedule your next belt and hose service or replacement. Complete Auto Body and Truck Repair are proud to be your local choices for auto repairs and tires in St. Louis, O'Fallon, Hazelwood, and Dellwood, MO. Contact us soon to set up your next belt and hose replacement or other auto repair service. Complete Auto Body and Truck Repair is thrilled to be your number one auto repair center and provider of St. Louis, O'Fallon, Hazelwood, and Dellwood, MO tires.